Monday, October 7, 2013

Storytelling - Keeping the Values

This is a short and sweet post due to the fact that we have only had power back on for 24 hours and there is still a lot to do :D

As we shoveled the 8 foot drifts and the neighbors came together to help one another. It made me think of something that one of the elders said - every minute is part of a story, we are creating a story right now.

This made me think about what kind of story will my children and grandchildren tell about me. Do I show and not just tell the stories our values. Generosity, Respect, Courage and Fortitude.

Sometimes the stories that we create are in our actions and not just words.

Do you think our actions today would be something that our ancestors would be proud of?

2 comments:

  1. Our actions today are not always something to be proud of. I've read some of the old documents and it was the same then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is with any people there are good and bad moments and there are good and bad people. We have to strive to be the best that we can be and hope that we achieve something to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete