Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thanks for all the reviews of Hidden Powers

All of these reviews are on goodreads and to read the full reviews, please go there. Thank you so much for being a part of my journey and enjoying the characters that I created.


Hats off the the first Lakota author for writing this kind of material! Even though this book, Hidden Powers, was written for ages 10-14, I truly enjoyed it as an adult of 53 years old. . . .Even though she was an elf, I could relate very well to the part when she had to go into the water to get herself balanced and revitalized with energy. . .As I read this book, it definitely kept my interest and was so enjoyable to get lost in. Thank you, V. R. Janis, for taking me to a fantasy world for a time.
 
Oct 30, 2013 Woody rated it 3 of 5 stars
Reading a book written by a Native with elves and dwarfs is new to me. But it is nice to know someone has the motivation and imagination to write a book such as Hidden Powers. Reading (ABOUT THE AUTHOR), I feel she wrote to give the gift of stories to not only her children, but to all children and young adults. . . This book can be read to children and keep their minds going for hours. V R Janis takes the character Papakoosigun on a new and unknown trip through life. Many young adults can read and relate to Papakoosigun. Knowing it is just a story but still similar to reality and a time to just let their imaginations go with the story. A good read with many characters and covering the distance from the ocean to South Dakota If you want to relax and run in a imaginary world for a few hours read this book. It's a nice story.
 
Garvene rated it 3 of 5 stars
I think this book is a good book for a young adult or even an adult to read, I liked the thought that all the characters had native names, this is the first book I read that was written by a native, its good that there are native authors out there and have the imagination to write a fantasy book. I like the fact that they were elves. . .
Nov 07, 2013 Amberose A. rated it 5 of 5 stars
This book is a heartwarming tale filled with action, love, and wonder. The beginning was very entertaining because the action took place right away. The introduction of the main character and the emotions that she portrayed drew in attention. Mystery was a key element in the first and second chapters. . .The characters also had their unique qualities that really separated them from each other. This uniqueness made them and the story that much more believable.
 
Quincey Jones rated it 5 of 5 stars
I Loved the book, I already gave it to my 5 yr old daughter. I am not a hardcore book reader but the book caught my interest and I have to say it was a good read. It gave me a sense of pride to know that our native people are out there accomplishing great things. It is encouraging. I love the characters and the story. I look forward to the movie and I do plan on reading more of the Hidden Powers books. Thank you so much for being a positive aspiration to all of us in the Native Community. Congrats on your books.

No comments:

Post a Comment