- First - you need a label maker (so you can see where everything is at a glance)
- Second- you need boxes of multiple sizes (shoe boxes work great and they are readily available)
- Third - you have to have a trash can available and (don't be afraid to use it)
- Fourth - Use big boxes to organize different sections (One box for art supplies, one box for fabric, one for beads)
- Fifth and Final - you should try to have a sense of humor and patience - (it will all work out in the end)
Cleaning / Organizing Grid
Ok now that we did a quick list of the things you need you need to decide how to attack the problem.
Some people like list and I am one of them but when I am organizing I use a grid system along with list and I keep a handy dandy notebook (can you tell I have kids) at hand. That way I can write down what I need to get to help me and make list for each quadrant.
This is for my studio - each quad represents something in my room - a shelf, the desk, etc.
You can do this for the entire house.
What I do --- I focus on one quad a day. Then it is not so overwhelming. I use the quads when cleaning and organizing. If this was my house I would do 2 quads a day to clean and if I cleaned every week - each quad would take me 1/2 hour max.