Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Mentors Matter


Dear Reader,

I wanted to share about two people who are and have been important to my writing career. I would not be who I am without these people.

The first one is actually not one person but a group of people, my family, with my husband in the front. If my husband, kids and sisters were not so supportive I don’t know if I would be a published writer. My husband was the one who pushed me to publish and keep writing. He encourages me in so many ways and is a great sound board for my books. My kids are the inspiration and muses of my books. They are great sound boards too, especially my oldest daughter. We could talk about my books and ideas for hours. Lastly, my sisters have read my books and gave me advice. They have shared my book and told everyone and anyone who would listen. My family is a very important part of my life.

The second is my author mentor JC Phelps. It is funny we met four years ago. We have one of those relationships that from the first moment you felt like you knew them your whole life. She has told me what I needed to do to get started after I published my book, how to promote myself. She has been a great help and friend when I have issues with editors, book covers, and all the other issues that come up being an author.

I have a great circle of friends and family who help me or just listen and without these people I would not be where I am today. I had to share the important people in my life. When you are an author or artist it is key to have a support system. I wanted my support system to know that I appreciate them.  

1 comment:

  1. It has been an absolute pleasure to become your friend and I'm very proud to call you friend. :-D Thank you so much for the kind words. You always make my days brighter.

    ReplyDelete