Tuesday, May 12, 2015

cradleboards - reasoning

Dear Readers,

I wanted to share some things about cradleboards today.


I thought this was a good post as it is just past Mother's Day. This is Rachel an expected mother. She wanted me to teach her how to make a cradleboard for her baby. I almost think we bit off more than we could chew. We were rushing to get these done and she still had work to do when she went home to finish then up.

After helping lots of mothers create cradleboards for their babies and raising my own in cradleboards I have learned a few things.

1. It takes strength of mind to keep using a cradleboard, to some it just seems harder to use. I have had some use them only for a few months, however I have to commend them for trying and wanting to use them. Personally, I loved using mine and know that it helped me keep my sanity as a young mother.

2. It takes strength of heart to keep using a cradleboard. I have had mean things said to me, but I had to hold on to the belief that I was doing a good thing for my children. I saw my calm, smiling babies and kept going.

3. It takes strength of a physical nature. Cradleboards are not heavy but they are not light either. I use to rock my young ones to sleep and my arms would get tired, but when they finally fell asleep feed and comfortable, I could do other things: dishes, schoolwork, etc.

4. Cradleboards help a baby to see the family around them and be a part of it. I salute all the mothers out there who are trying to raise their children with culture, traditional values and love.

Have a great creative day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment